Thursday, April 18, 2013

Real spring!


 Today is great day.
All day I try to do as much as I can to found time to been outside and then post something there. So there is what I did. I have cold, so doesn't work, just been outside in my garden. Taken some pictures and enjoy every part of my garden. Temperature is high today, so it is great for flowers. They grow very fast. I see that major SDB irises have to bloom this year, because they grow a lot babies around one rhizome. So waiting. But in my minds is other worry, which make me think and plan a lot. Few weeks from now my garden will be without daylilies. I will dig them and remove in my grandmother garden,
where will be better and save place for them. No one worry is irises. I want to protect them, but also want to see blooms and breed them. So I think I will keep some and others will replace to grandmother garden. Sad, but this I must to do. If not, my garden plants would have big danger to dig out and take of bad peoples. So I think, that my grandmother garden will be better place for them. Also, after exams, in summer, I plan to go to live with grandmother for summer. So then I will can to work with daylilies more.
   And now all pessimistic minds I will leave and go to nice thing about my garden today. So I see that irises and daylilies have not big damages after this winter. Only few daylilies won't grow now, and more irises have rot... And one of it is from USA. Sad, but I have others, and enjoy them. Sadness won't bring it for me.
   In these photos you can see my all garden. From one side to other. I just have a problem with adding a photo with that part of garden, where is tons of irises from Loic. But maybe latter I can to add it and show all view of my little garden with tons of flowers. I am very happy to see daylily seedlings, which I grow past year by winter indoors, growing now. They was great, and show few fans now. So hope to see some blooms in season. So hope, that grandmother soil will work well for them. In these photos my garden looks full of labels. Now it looks like more labels than plants. But later, when plants grow more, it will change and look better. And I like the way they look now, because I know what they can show later, at peak bloom time. For now, this view is poor, but just take imagination and look how it must look when everything will grow.

This day inspired me to take a lot pictures. There is only few photos from all, I made. And I keep only these and daylilies close-up photos for my science project illustration. And there is pictures of lovely crocus, which this year look very good.
I love this flower, because it is first colorful blooms in garden after winter. Few years back I plant one of each variety bulbs and now I have this lovely bunch of blooms. I wish in my future garden to have a field grass with crocus. They look very nice in grass. And after bloom leaves make grass look live more, and later it will die, and doesn't look poor, because grass will cover it. But this is just an idea, which must to been tested.


  Those photos look very professional and good for me, but it taken with my phone camera. Simple, but make good pictures with no broken colors.
Happy spring! 
With love,
Edvinas Misiukevičius

1 comment:

  1. I hope the daylilies take kindly to the move and bloom for you this summer.

    ReplyDelete