Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My iris seedling. Part I

What a great memory of last year, when first time opened my first good iris seedling from cross Got the Melody x Nemunas. I love it. Color very nice, and grow well. Two years old seedling have one big rhizome which bloomed and two big rhizomes and two little ones. I hope I will see it blooming this year again. So there is few photos of it.
Good shape and color. Just catching sun-shines and show amazing blooms.

Beard have few colors. Very rich orange inside and in out goes in pure white with light blue top.

Even from top it looks cute and nice for me.

Blooming habits was very good for me. It have 8 buds and in one time open 3 of them. So real treasure if that keep and show year by year.
 
Just interesting how plicata parent can gone and show only pollen parent bloom. Just it doesn't look so close to it. Nemunas form a little look like this and color have resemblance. Just this seedling show more darker top and very nice, violet bottom. Got the Melody is great plicata and have good pod fertile. I don't use it much, because I enjoy this fun not in my garden, but in my first mentor garden. So these two parents is J.A.Liutkevičius treasure and great way to work with for me. So I hope this one will be my future introduction, because I love it and want, that other can enjoy it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment