Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New irises 2012

I officially past year (2012) call year of irises. From small collection of 20 iris varieties, in the end of 2012 I have over 300 iris varieties. That is very very much and I enjoy that. So this year I must to see a lot blooms. And make crosses. There is few photos from last year.
 
New iris bed. I got all those irises from Poland. Robert Piątek give me very much good irises. So there is TB type irises.
And there is SDB from Robert. So great varieties, which must to amaze me with blooms.
There is irises from Loic Tasquer. He send me very big box with irises. This is from where I got major part of new irises. About 230 new varieties. I spend about 2 days planting them and labeling. Hard work, but I love this kind of work. That is all what I need.

Other side of a part of Loic irises.
And there is most stunding ones. I won AIS photo contest and prize was new irises. So few weeks after I know that I won I got information, that Paul Black work with my prize and he send for me 21 iris variety. Rhizomes was really big. And I got all what I wanted so long.
And one of great introduction - Daring Deception. This will be top iris in my garden. Well, if this survive. I am still doesn't seen it from snow this year. So wait.
This is how that one must to bloom. Oh can't wait.
This year I will add a lot new photos with my new irises. This year I don't make any new order with irises, because I must to handle with these and take care with them first. Oh, and this year, 2013 is turn in Daylily years of mine. Because I will got order from Floyd Cove Nursery and my mentor say, that send something. So this is all what I need. Just new varieties for great future goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment