Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Daylily seedling. Part I

What I love, is irises and daylilies. About iris seedlings I say something, so now is time for daylilies. 2011 I got very nice package from Louise Niquet with daylily seeds from her breeding program. This is great genetic pool for me, so I treasure them and just try to sow them inside by winter. After 9 months I see first seedlings, and one of that is this one:
 
(copyright. Louise Niquet photo)
This is cross which made Louise. This is just unusual. Lacy Dusk is pollen paren, and pod parent is her seedling. I note it other way, but it doesn't makes any sense.
So after cold, Lithuanian winter I plant seedlings outside and wait when they start to grow. And in the end of summer this one show me a scape. Wow, that is very special. So every day I checked if that is blooming or no. And one day, I see this:
I can't imagine, that it is true. Well, that it is. Bloom was amazing and very nice. Even it is very very tiny, but snow nice bloom.
It have nice edge and shape. I can't wait for next blooming, when it goes stronger.
 
Even now, when I am writing blog, and looking at this baby, I can't believe, that it is only 9 months old. I am still waiting for some seedlings, which is in ground, and growing for 3 years with no blooms. But there is exceptions, some like this, or my registered one, which bloomed after year, when I sow it in ground and see blooms next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment