Tuesday, April 2, 2013

First visit in big hybridizer garden

One very nice 2012 June day, early in the morning I with my parents go in big trip. We went in Latvia, to meet Laimonis Zakis and see his garden. Weather for that was perfect. Sun was in our side and wasn't so hot. Just perfect. This is first trip so far in other country. Before I went in Latvia, it was only in Rundale, which is close to Lithuania. Laimonis live further, so this is great. I see Latvian nature. And at last see L.Zakis garden. It was shining from road. We found Laimonis outside and really got surprised. In my garden irises was done to bloom. Just one or two last blooms. But in Laimonis garden was peak bloom.
 
 
What was really funny, is how we communicated. Laimonis talk only in Latvian and Russian, his wife knows English well, and I am, know Russian, but doesn't know how to speak. So we talked in nice round. Laimonis say things for me, my dad translate me what I doesn't understand, then I say answer for Laimonis wife and she back to Laimonis. Really funny, and hard too. But we understand each other, and that is the best point.

 
That day was really special, because I see popular irises in real, and big Laimonis work - his seedlings. They all was great. He say few problems for irises, but they still not exist in my garden, so I don't say about them now. Maybe when it goes in my garden. Well, but one of it, it new iris blooming and death after it. This is hard, when you pay big money, see few amazing blooms and after that you lost it. They are not for our climate. So in that case we must to work harder to make more great irises which is hardly and beautiful enough. New irises is great pollen parent, so I must to have a lot good irises which is hardly and good growing in our climate. So I bought few irises from him. Waiting for blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment