Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My iris seedling. Part II

The biggest enjoy for hybridizer is to see blooms from first crosses he made. I know, that progress in my breeding program is big, but this cross of Got the Melody x Nemunas give me a lot of seeds, and few perfect seedling for me. Maybe some one of you think, that others make something like this, but I don't have it and this is my real treasure from my first cross of irises in my mentor garden. Sad, that from ten crosses I got only one seedpod, but that give me a lot seeds and as I see, good seedlings too. So just take an eye on my seedling:
 
This one is close to other, which I post before, but in real, it have a lot difference. One of that is bloom size. This one is bigger than other, and one of the biggest in my garden. I don't mean high, I mean size of single flower.

Other good point is color. It is very rich and contrastic. Top is very light and bottom is deam dark purple with lighter mark near beard. Beard is orange to blue. Just love it.

Standards is close to white with darker center. This make an effect of cold color.

Shape is very nice for me. I love ruffles of falls and open standards.

This bloom look perfect for me.

And more, this iris have 8 buds too. So that is good for future irises. Stalk is strong and can handle all those blooms when it raining. Just wait for other year to look if this keep.
 
So I have hopes, that these two will be my future introductions, which can start a new program of my own iris breeding. Now I just work with others and waiting for good seedlings from it. My seedlings is very good pod and pollen fertile. I use them in few crosses and all take it and make seedpods. So I will wait for seedlings from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment