Sunday, August 25, 2013

WOW day

This day is really special. And I dedicate it for my blog and daylilies, which give me a suggestion to create it.
Today is round numbers day. I have 3000 views and this post is 50. Very much, I think so. So I want to thank you all who read and interested in my works and dreams.
 There is mark of 3000 views of my page. As I use blogger and in Lithuanian, text in redactor or here is in my language, but you see numbers and can believe that I say true.

And now, as I say I want to write my post about daylilies. And not just talks, but as usual photo blog with my unusual daylily type, which blooming now. Yes - rebloomers!

And that is came very an impromptu, when I go back from exhibition of gladiolus in Panevėžys and back home with members of Lithuanian flower hybridizers society near my grandmother house and I asked to visit her. And when I take them with me to see how my fields look in not blooming season I was shocked. I have seen many rebloomers. Almost all Floyd Cove Nursery daylilies set new scapes and blooms. What is sad, that they are not in my own garden and I can't to stay in grandmother home to see them. Oh poor me. One of rebloomers is No String Attached. That one I wanted to see the most, but in normal blooming season that one won't set scape and I think that this will happened next year, but now I see that this one want to rebloom. But I am happy and for that, what I saw.

 William Marchant seedling. Crawned Heads x Fiji. This is second seedling of that cross, which has bloomed for me this year. Just this one wanted to start blooming now. Cute one.
 Curb Appeal. This is more than perfect variety, which give me many blooms this year. I counted 5 scapes and when I come closer I have seen and 6th. I get it just this just year, but I have seen more blooms than in those, which I grow 3 years.
 Water Drops. First bloom this year and it look wow how great. And for this I am very appreciate to Claudia Conway, who gift me this one.
And this is one little surprise for Claudia. This is her seedling with very unusual buds. I picked one, but they are still too small and opened not well in my home for take a picture of it. But I can describe it. It is purple with small eyezone, and dark edge which is turn to big ruffled teeth edge. Amazing, but I need to see normal bloom, what not gonna happened this year. Cross: Darla Anita x China Clipper.

Now I see one big problem with gardening in two gardens in different parts of Lithuania. I wish I could found any way to get any money for my home and big garden to place all my flowers in. If you know any person who can help me, please write in comments, or contact me in other ways.

Have a nice day, my garden friends.
Edvinas

1 comment:

  1. Ed, I don't have an answer for your problem of two gardens, but I do know of a web site you would enjoy. It is Maryott's Gardens in California, USA. Bill Maryott was an iris hybridizer for 30 years and then he switched to hybridizing daylilies, and he is doing very well with that, too. This year one of his irises won the Dykes Medal, which is the highest award for irises, Go to www.daylilygarden.net There are hundreds of beautiful daylilies on this web site. Best wishes. Pat Otterness

    ReplyDelete