Saturday, August 3, 2013

Daylily seedlings 2013 Part I

Bass Gibson seedling x unknown - John Kulpa seeds. One of the most unusual color combination daylily seedling in my garden this year. Love big green to yellow throat and light purple eye/halo to purple base. Edge is more ruffled of other seedlings, but photos is bad, because of rain and wind damages. If this survive and show me the same next few years, then this may have a bright future.
(Windham Aphrodite's Nighty x Webster's Pink Wonders) Seeds from AHS International Seed Bank. Thanks Maureen Strong for possibility to get these seeds. This one is amazing. I think that I will add more photos of this in next part of seedlings, because next bloom of this show better flower. What I can say about this seedling. For real, I don't expect this. I dream just something like one or other parent, but result shocked me. Bud is like a true lily, which look up and open like lily, not daylily. Bloom has not only great color, shape and etc, but it was very strong. As first seedling after rain look bad, so this look perfect. Even strong wind, which damage majority part of my daylily blooms and even scape's of  few, so this stand like in early morning.
(Cool Morning Mist x Vertical Horizon). One more beauty from AHS International seed bank. As my grandmother say, that I have very much yellow seedlings, I ask her to show me few similar, and then she take words back. This one I very like. Color in morning more look close to white in edge and deep green in throat. This is first and only bloom from that cross. Wait for next year, when those clumps start to bloom. I am not kidding, they are really forming a clumps. Some have 5 fans. Remember those seedlings are only second years old.
[(Stippled Statement x Venus Flytrap) x Predator] Seedling from William Marchant seeds. When I saw first scape in William Marchant seedling bed, I stay close every day and wait when it show any color of bud. And one day, when buds started to change color, I wait. First bloom make me disappoint it a little, because two blooms turn in one and no good view at all. Second few was poly, and few last blooms was like this. If my memory won't lie me, this is last bloom on scape. All blooms color the same like this, foliage deep green and very strong. I think this will be Evergreen, because no one of dormant show me this kind of leaves. Amazing seedling.
(Bass Gibson seedling x unknown) Another seedling from John Kulpa seeds. If I get very close to bloom I can see few small white teeth's on it. Yes! At least I have something from that series of blooms. Not very special and wow (I am still talking about teeth's), but I like it. What surprise me more - shape. It so nice and I have hopes that next year blooms may be better. Because color of this is always great. Not like some other seedlings from this cross. I don't add them, because there is no color, only poor looking blooms. But this have everything, shape, color, eye and teeth's.
(Raspberry Queen TM x William Austin Norris) And here it is. My first tet. seedling in blooms. I think that I will love it the same like those precious from donated seeds from States. This one get shape of Raspberry Queen TM, which is seedling with name, and the only good feature is bud count, and pollen parent give him this nice eye. If I am right, this is pattern eye? Each bloom is very nice, even they all are the same, but this catching my eye every time it blooms.
 
So this is enough for today.
 Good luck,
Edvinas

1 comment:

  1. (Windham Aphrodite's Nighty x Webster's Pink Wonders) and [(Stippled Statement x Venus Flytrap) x Predator may be the best two from this first 6 seedlings. JMHO, of course and I can see what the plant is like or the scape, so let's just say I like their face!

    ReplyDelete