Sunday, August 4, 2013

Daylily seedlings 2013 Part II

 (Mountain Wildflower x Orange Firecat) Seedling from William Marchant seeds. When I see first bloom I try to give a name, and only one, which come to my mind is Sky of July. Some evenings sky of July is orange to purple when sun goes down. I like eye and edge. Wait for next season blooms.
 (Mascara Snake x   ) Seeds from AHS International Seed Bank. First bloom was very close to spider, real kid from Mascara Snake, but second bloom is in this photo and you can see it. Color is very unusual. Light purple with eyezone. Even in this photo it is hard to look, but in real, when sun lights up eye look very nice. It is close to dust purple to grey. Throat make this daylily look great. Only second years old seedling, but scape was very high. What is very unusual of this daylily is pollen color. It was light yellow and look like citrina dusts. Amazing.
(Bob Olson x unknown) Seedling from John Kulpa seeds. It is hard to capture this type of color daylilies, but when that daylily is seedling, that I need to try as hard as I can. As example this photo I take after hour of try. I make over 250 photos of only this one, and this look close to real. This deep red seedling has amazing edge. One day it shows some small white teeths. On this they are too, but other bloom has more. One of the keepers, which I will use in my hybridizing programs.
(Ann Kulpa x Unknown) Seedling from John Kulpa seeds. This color is hard to capture with camera too, but after play with other bloom and camera I found the way to catch a real color. When I see the bud of this I thought that this will be wow. Bud looks like an aligator mouth with large teeths. And when it opened I was shocked. So great seedling. I use his pollens few days to cross with all my tet daylilies and seedlings I have. I think seedlings from cross of Strippled Statement x this seedling must to give me some nice seedlings.
(Lacy Dusk x Get'r Done) Seedling from William Marchant seeds. This one seeds I get in first years from William. When I see the parentage I dream of amazing seedlings. And here it is. Only one seedling left after this winter, but this is wowzer. Great shape, color and size. I think this is perfect seedling. I use this pollens with some of my tet daylilies also, but not many set pods. First blooms was very poly. In all I counted 50% poly blooms. This one is last bloom on scape and it looks perfect.

(Crowned Heads x Fiji) Seedling from William Marchant seeds. Another great seedling from William. I love that small throat and light color with cute edge.
(Lee Reinke x Jerry Whirligig) Seedling from AHS International Seed Bank seeds. Seedling with light future. Color is great, shape could be better, but this is only two years old. So next year it will be better, I hope.
Sibling to previous seedling (Lee Reinke x Jerry Whirligig). Shape is great, color cute, but that is all. Just what a nice different between those two siblings.
(Blue Eyes x Gentle Shepherd) And in the end of Part II, I add my own seedling, which look good for me. I don't expect this shape from that cross. Blue Eyes is red round with white line in the centre. This seedling has mixed color from BE and Gentle Shepherd, just from where goes this shape, I don't know... This one has nice edge. I don't know in which cross I want to use this, so I just keep it and enjoy the blooms.
 
Cute seedlings with many promises. I hope next year summer will be more interesting, than this, because I may see some seedlings second blooms and many more siblings and new ones, with which I work this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment