Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wow day


What a great day. In yearly morning I go to garden to take a look how daylilies looks like after strong rain, and saw few amazing daylilies in blooms. Again they are from Floyd Cove nursery bed. Gurb Appeal, Cherry Swizzler, Elfin Magic and BIG RED VAGON. What a size and color. Edge is almoust better than in photo of nursery page. I go to look at it about ten times per day and I think that I will go to see it now. But I am very tired. I dig compost and move it to new beds for seedlings. Today I done only 3 beds with compost and two of them filled with seedlings. I hope they will grow well. Seedlings are not only of daylilies. There is iris seedlings from my cross, Loic Tasquier and Iris Spuria seedlings, which i get from one great Lithuanian hybridizer - Antanas Markevičius.
  Still a lot work to do, but I am so happy to do it. What a great time, when daylilies are blooming and I can work near them, walk and see how they fell after hour, two or more from opening and or rain.Yesterday was big rainfall in there, but that just watered all garden well and doesn't make any damage.
So going to look again on my daylilies. Take care and enjoy the photo of Big Red Vagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment