Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Something new in my garden

 Dear readers of my blog. I am surprised that at this time I have more than 1500 views of my blog. That is very much for me. So I hope that you like my blogs and I am writing some more. And today I start my daylily summer at grandmother house. I have a lot work to do: take care of all my daylilies and seedlings of them, replant them to new beds and make longer rock hill for grandmother. So it sounds like fun summer. I have 7 new beds for seedlings. Sound like really very much. Later will take a photos and add them here to show for all of you.
At the left is my first seedling bloom this season. It cames from cross of Stella De Oro x Blue Eyes. As I search for real name of Blue Eyes, I found nothing. It has red color blooms with light line in petals and sepals as in this seedling. But shape is poor. Even a little rounder, but not very strong. After some rain Blue Eyes just melt. This seedling is stronger and I like it more. And what is more nice for me, is first seedling from cross with Stella De Oro. I make a lot crosses with it and hope to see some nice seedlings. I like the features of of Stella De Oro, so I try to add it in my hybridizing programs, which still have no straight line, as other hybridizers has. Just a first play and wait for results.

Today I am very proud to have a Grace Stamile little creations, which are so beautiful. One of it is Elfin Magic. 2010 variety with great features. I like all things in this variety. And I hope to see good grow after winter. So I start talking about new daylilies from Floyd Cove Nursery. I get order from them this spring, and I was surprised to see so big fans. Now I am surprised, that almoust all of them set scapes and some more than one. In example this variety set 3 scapes from one fan. Crazy, but cute. That one fan have few little fans inside. I don't know how to call it, a fan or a clump in a fan. Funny. What is interesting of daylilies from Floyd Cove is foliage. It is different from all over in my garden. This is low, but rich green and strong looking.
 The other surprise I have seen few days ago, when opened Cherry Swizzler. Amazing size of flower. I think this is the best spider daylily in my garden. And the scape of it much higher than other daylilies from Floyd Cove. Sad, but I can't enjoy this amazing flower very much. Early in the morning we went in trip around a little peace of Lithuania. My family love to travel and see something new in our country. So this time we go to see some hills. They are not so high as in States or other countries where is mountains, but still better than open field. So I have been on Šatrija hill, Moteraičiai hill, walking in botanical sidewalk near Varniai city and then back home. Maybe there was and some more places where I have been, but these was most impresive. View from Šatrija hill was amazing. I have not photos now, but later I can to add if anyone want to look.
 Curb Appeal. This is bonus from Floyd Cove. Amazing in picture in internet. And also nice in reality. Even not like that, but still better than mostly of my daylilies are. It starts to open yesterday. Before I went to go in midsummer festival I have seen, that this is starting to open. But when I back from it I don't see how it looks, it was too dark and I just go home to sleep and this morning I see it. The festival was great. I have seen very nice ceremony of fire when 6 mens set bonfire and some ornament from hay and wood. Amazing. Love this festival, which is great day for all Jonas and Janinas, because it is Joninės in Lithuanian. At the villiage of grandmother always was nice festival, but this year the best.
And the last, but not the worst is Dear Moon. This one is not from Floyd Cove. This is blooming today. Love green troat and big flower. One of my favorite daylily at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, I especially like Cherry Swizzler. I really like the blue eyed daylilies as well, like your Elfin Magic.

    ReplyDelete