Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring blooms in my garden

 
 Every spring in my garden make me feel very special. So much amazing blooms, green leaves and live. Today I worked in my garden. When I pulled weeds near haskap bush, which is full of blooms I enjoy sound of many bees in it. Love that sound. It look like all colony of bees work in there. Take a pause and looked how they do it. I love to enjoy simple things. So there is one of it: One bumble bee fly and land on flower. Maybe that bloom is few days old, and when she did that, she just lie down with bloom. Maybe she is too heavy for that bloom. I just stare and look what she do next. Bee found other bloom, land and that doesn't pop-up. Then visited more flowers and then goes to other flowers.
Today I feel not in mood. School things make me feel not good, but now, after garden therapy, I felt great. So take a lot photos then, pulled out weeds and listen sounds of spring. This year near my garden is a lot birds, which like to sing a lovely songs when I am in garden. I feel like in that story of SThe ecret Garden, where little girl enjoy gardening, and talk
 with bird who shows her secret garden. My garden is full of live. So many blooms. Month back, there was tons of snow, now, tons of blooms. So I will share few of them:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This tulip is my favorite. I found this in seedling bed, when I try to cross tulips 5 years back. But I think, that this is not a seedling, but simple variety with broken color. Love those tooth's on it.












 
This is great yellow tulip. Sad, that it doesn't have multi blooms, as have first year. When on one stalk it have more than 3 blooms, what is unusual for tulips. But color, which is yellow, which green marks is great and I like it very much.










This is my dad favorite tulip. He say, that it looks different than others, because it have shape and heavy color, which in shade is more purple.





And this is my first iris blooms this year. This is not usual, but iris specie. I am not sure what it is real. Some say it is I.Juno, others I.Junono, and others some absolutely different name, which is hard to remember. But not the name is important. Beauty is what I like. If I cross these, then I need all data of it, but now, when I use it only for ornamental gardening, it works well without tag.





 
This is my new plant. Last summer I get bulbs and gardener say, that this is stinky plant. Something from Arum, I though. So now wait when it start to show leaves and blooms, then I will be sure what it is. I am interested in unusual plants for gardens of Lithuania. I have not much special plants, but this will be one of them.









Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald n Gold'. A lot gardeners say, that this plant doesn't grow well after winter, when they grow it on ground and all covered with snow. My is all off from snow and it looks great. Maybe it is because I live in city and take care of it every year. I doesn't pinch it before fall to leave it and give some energy to make stalks wooden. And every spring it looks bigger and better. Love this plant, and wish to have it in so good condition for years.







Primula 'Valentina'. My variety. I get it from simple cross, but flowers of it is special for me. All petals have heart broke shape on edge. So in that case I give name Valentina, which mean love and girl name for me. But what is funny, it grows so close to each other, that I can't to make more of it. Only this one tussock.

So this is all my nice day, with amazing flowers.
Take care and enjoy small things.
Edvinas

1 comment:

  1. You have some real charmers blooming in your garden this Spring. I especially love the Iris species, very lovely! You light yellow Primula is nice as well. Primrose do not do well here, most only manage to live a few years then die out. Only late Tulips and Dwarf Bearded Iris blooming here now. Beacon and Bulgar Weed are both on their way out but the early Clematis will be blooming soon as will the Columbine (Aquilegia), I have a self blue already blooming and several soon to follow including the red/yellow species. Soon the Liliums and then the Pride of our gardens, the Daylilies!

    ReplyDelete